Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Transfer Blog

This was my first blog on a different site that ended up being a problematic site.

5/6/2007 10:40 PM
Okay so here it is, in typical fashion, I am multi-tasking...watching Brothers and Sisters, one of my favorite shows and finding a new hobby, blogging. The kids are asleep...in their own beds for once! I let them stay up until 8:45 tonight because I found a new channel on our new Verizon/Direct tv (hurray no cable!) and we are hooked on this Irish cartoon about a grandpa pig who tells stories of his childhood to his twin boy grandsons.
We went to the Mother's Bay today on Bayshore for a couple hours..we had a great time. Of course, Matt and Kate found a couple of kids to play with and so I didn't have to spend too much time in the water, although I did go in at the end. One of the kids is the nephew of a former student so I spent a few minutes chatting with her and her sister and mother. I don't remember her (about six years ago, she was my student) which is unusual because I almost always remember the former students I bump into around town.
What I had the most fun about at the bay was the fact that both kids played in the water and weren't afraid of it; they have had so much time in their Aunt Penny's pool the last year. I wasn't sure what they would think of the bay water. But, they felt comfortable in the ocean which thrills me a ton.
Well, that is a basic summary of my day. My show is getting exciting so ... I'll see if I stick to this!

No comments: